COVID Safety Precautions
Our Added Technology and Disinfecting Policies to Protect You During the Coronavirus Season
We have created and implemented a strategic plan using best available practices plus “ahead of the curve” ideas to minimize the risk of person-to-person COVID-19 exposure in our practice.
Technology we have implemented:
- Advanced PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including new N-94 filtration masks, shields, botties and disposable gowns.
- Hepa H13 Medical Grade Filtration system in each treatment room and reception area.
- Infrared temperature scanner for us and our patients prior to appointment.
- New adapter for suction to convert slow speed suction to high speed.
- “First Defense” mesh nasal filters for you.
- Pre-procedural rinse for you to use.
- For more information about the above technology, click here.
Dental Team Precautions
- We will be checking our employee temperatures to ensure no one is working with a fever or a cough. Anyone identified with an elevated temperature or illness will be sent home.
- Vendors, family members, and other visitors have been suspended from visiting our offices.
- More aggressive cleaning protocols, including regularly disinfecting all high-touch areas, have already been implemented in our facilities and will occur frequently throughout the day.
- We will maintain social distancing standards of 6 feet apart, except when necessary to complete an exam or procedure.
Some Patient Precautions
- We have removed all magazines and the beverage station from the reception area and loose items from exam rooms so that efficient sterilization can be performed between each patient.
- All patients and visitors will be screened and examined for symptoms of illness prior to entering the office. We ask that you wear a mask to your visit, practice frequent handwashing.
- If anyone has symptoms of illness, they will be asked to go home and inform their primary care doctor. If anyone is experiencing difficulty breathing, they will be sent to the ER. We will waive any last-minute cancellation fees associated with rescheduling the appointment at that time.
- We ask that you postpone your scheduled appointment if you or anyone in your household may have been exposed to COVID-19 through travel or attendance at large gatherings less than two weeks ago.
We are happy to answer any questions regarding our disinfection and sterilization policies and look forward to making every visit to our office safe, comfortable, and effective.