Cosmetic Dentistry in Santa Clara
Beautiful Smile Makeovers
Cosmetic Dentistry combines art and technology to transform smiles. Certain procedures and treatments used in cosmetic dentistry can also improve dental health, although its primary focus is to correct aesthetic flaws.
Dr. Jayne has over 20 years of experience in the area of cosmetic dentistry and gets rave reviews from patients who have benefited from her knowledge and her attention to detail.
Your smile is important, and Dr. Jayne won’t cut corners when rejuvenating your smile. She works with excellent local laboratories that are skilled in creating natural-looking, long-lasting restorations such as crowns, bridges and veneers.
Dr. Jayne knows that each patient is unique. She gets to know her patients, discusses their goals, and prepares a treatment plan with options that will best handle their needs and accommodate their budget.
How you can benefit from Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry can correct many imperfections in your smile. Gaps between teeth, crooked or protruding teeth, discolorations and misshapen teeth can be corrected with cosmetic procedures.
There are a variety of procedures that can help you get the beautiful smile that you deserve, and Dr. Jayne will take full advantage of her cosmetic toolkit to help you achieve your goals.
Free Cosmetic Consultation
Dr. Jayne understands that a beautiful, natural-looking smile is important to you. She wants you to feel good about yourself and offers a variety of cosmetic options that can correct the flaws you’d like to change.
To get you started on your smile makeover, come in for a Complimentary Cosmetic Consultation that includes:
- Consultation with Dr. Jayne to assess your smile goals
- Smile analysis of your current smile
- SNAP® Instant Digital Imaging to show you how your smile can change
- Review your treatment with options
- All your question answered
Preview what your smile could look like with imaging software
Part of your consultation includes a free smile analysis with our cosmetic simulation software, SNAP.
Photos will be taken of your mouth and processed by the SNAP digital imaging system. Dr. Jayne instructs the imaging software to simulate various cosmetic procedures, such as veneers, teeth straightening and whitening. A “Before & After” photo in less than three minutes, and you’ll receive a free copy of the photo to take with you.
Dr. Jayne uses SNAP Instant Digital Imaging to show you how your smile can change.
To make an appointment, call 408-243-5107 or click here to request an appointment online.
Dr. Jayne’s approach to a beautiful smile makeover
Dr. Jayne is passionate about helping change people’s lives by transforming their smiles. She goes through several steps with each patient to ensure they get a lovely smile that is also healthy, functional and long-lasting.
Understanding a patient’s needs
Dr. Jayne takes the time to get to know you well, so that she can create a smile that will match your personality and enhance your looks. She listens to you carefully, explains procedures, and answers any of your questions.
Dr. Jayne explains options for rejuvenating your smile.
During your first visit you will get a chance to review different types of smiles and, with the assistance of Dr. Jayne’s trained aesthetic eye, choose the look of your new smile.
Dr. Jayne’s approach to cosmetic dentistry is conservative; she uses methods that will save as much of your tooth structure as possible. For patients opting to receive porcelain veneers, she uses veneers that require very little or no preparation, minimizing or eliminating any cutting down of the teeth.
Matching function and aesthetics
Both function and aesthetics are important to Dr. Jayne. In addition to giving her patients a smile they can flash proudly, she also ensures that their new smile functions properly.
Adding crowns or veneers, or doing orthodontics, can change the dynamics of a smile. Dr. Jayne makes sure that your smile is fully aligned, and your bite (how your teeth come together) is comfortable.
In addition to creating beautiful smiles. Dr. Jayne takes care to ensure that your bite (how your teeth meet) is fully functional.
Quality, thorough dental work
Dr. Jayne uses the highest quality materials available and employs state-of-the-art technology when creating a smile makeover. Depending on the procedure, she will use intraoral and external photography, digital imaging, digital panoramic X-rays and study models to plan your new smile.
Dr. Jayne wants to be completely happy with your new smile. Before beginning your treatment, she will show you how your new smile will look and get your approval. Once the work is finished, she will make any adjustments necessary to be sure that you are fully satisfied.
Patients who are happy and love their smile makeover make Dr. Jayne happy as well!
Dr. Jayne enjoys seeing her patients beam with their new smile!
Procedures Dr. Jayne uses to create your stunning new smile
Dr. Jayne has a wide variety of options in her cosmetic restoration tool kit. She’ll use a combination of these to achieve your smile makeover.
A brighter, more dazzling smile can boost your confidence and self-esteem. Dr. Jayne offers both in-office professional whitening and take-home trays, depending on your preference and needs. Both systems are efficient methods of whitening your teeth for a whiter and more beautiful smile.
A dental veneer is a thin piece of porcelain that is affixed to an existing tooth (or teeth) to cover imperfections such as staining, chips and gaps. Veneers have provided our patients with terrific results in as little as two visits.
- It only takes one to two visits to get a beautiful smile with affordable, non-invasive Snap-On Smile. The removable material fits directly over teeth to cover problems such as gaps, staining and missing teeth. Thin, strong materials provide a natural-looking smile and the ability to eat and drink with confidence.
Porcelain crowns recreate the form and function of a damaged tooth by capping the entire external portion of the tooth down to the gum level. Dr. Jayne has the artistic touch to provide you with crowns that match your existing teeth and look completely natural.
Invisalign can correct many problems with teeth and bite alignment. This advancement in orthodontics uses custom-made, virtually invisible aligners that fit snugly and comfortably over teeth to gradually shift and straighten them. Patients change their clear aligners about every two weeks, and will visit our office about every six weeks, until the desired results are achieved.
Patients often wish to have metal fillings replaced with tooth-colored fillings that blend in with their natural teeth. Dr. Jayne uses a composite filling material to provide an aesthetically pleasing restoration.
A dental bridge is used to replace one or more missing teeth. Porcelain replacement teeth are cemented to your own natural teeth after they have been prepared to act as anchors for the bridge. Bridges made from porcelain fused to metal may be the best alternative for molars that handle heavy chewing.
A dental implant can be used to replace a single tooth, replace multiple teeth, or to support dental bridges and dentures. A precisely engineered, bio-compatible post is anchored into the jawbone to replace the root of the tooth. A restoration is placed over the post to create fully functional teeth that look and feel completely natural.
Even if you have straight, healthy teeth, uneven gum lines can diminish the beauty of your smile. With diode lasers, we can correct uneven or “gummy” smiles in one brief visit. We use the laser to precisely and painlessly sculpt your gums to improve the appearance of your smile. The diode laser also cauterizes as it contours a uniformed gum line, which speeds up healing time.
Conditions we can improve with Cosmetic Dentistry
- Stained or yellow teeth—We offer both in-office and take-home whitening kits. Dr. Jayne may also suggest veneers when appropriate. Another alternative is Snap On Smile, a removable and economical option that covers natural teeth.
- Teeth that are chipped or broken—Durable, natural-looking porcelain veneers can be used to cover teeth that have been damaged. Bonding with a composite material is a less expensive, although less lasting option. Dr. Jayne provides dental bonding when a patient requires a quick fix on a tooth with minimal damage. Snap On Smile, an affordable, removable cover for the teeth is another alternative.
- Small teeth or teeth not uniformly shaped—Porcelain veneers may be used to improve the appearance of misshapen teeth. Veneers are strong and look very natural. Dr. Jayne will select a shade that matches your existing teeth. Economical Snap On Smile is a removable and durable option for covering irregular teeth.
- Gaps—There are several options for correcting gaps between the teeth. Gaps caused by missing teeth may be corrected with porcelain veneers, dental bridges or dental implants. Invisalign clear aligners are also an option, as is the lower cost Snap On Smile removable covering.
- Crooked teeth— Depending on the severity, this condition can be corrected with veneers, Invisalign clear aligners or removable Snap On Smile.
- Uneven gum line— Uneven or “gummy” smiles can be corrected in just one visit with our diode laser. We use the laser to quickly and painlessly recontour your gum line for smooth, scalloped appearance to complement your smile.
To make an appointment, call 408-243-5107 or click here to request an appointment online.